POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Competition status : Re: Competition status Server Time
26 Jun 2024 09:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition status
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 25 Oct 2004 15:30:00
Message: <web.417d539bb45fa19e8c7259570@news.povray.org>
But what am I going to do with the 10,000 lawyers I have on retainer to
swoop in and file suits alleging fraud and/or disenfranchisement?  I can't
afford to keep them around until January.

Well, for me, personally, thank you.  By next week all the bandages will be
removed from my right hand, and the pins will be out of my finger, and I
should be POVing ahead full steam.  (Not that my submission would have
altered the committee's opinion about overall quality.)

And I do think that it is very important to get submissions from more of the
really great POVers, especially since you and Christoph and some of the
other experts exempted yourselves in order to organize the competition.
Not to name names, but it would be nice to get entries from the likes of
Tor Olav, Shay, Tek, St. (Steve), etc.  Just off the top of my head, I can
think of 50 regular contributors to p.b.i. who are capable of some very
impressive stuff, and there must be at least twice that many more who only
lurk, or don't bother visiting the newsgroups at all, who are of a similar
caliber.

Let me also add my voice of support and thanks to all of you for the
tremendous amount of work you put into making POVRay and the POVRay
community such a success.

Dave Matthews