POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sphere reflecting crimes over a checkered plane : Re: Sphere reflecting crimes over a checkered plane Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sphere reflecting crimes over a checkered plane
From: dan B hentschel
Date: 25 Oct 2004 08:35:00
Message: <web.417cf2507c315a76a3fcf12a0@news.povray.org>
Ron Mayer <rm_### [at] cheapcomplexdevicescom> wrote:

> Comments about which of the techniques (pins, blobs, or blocks) make the
> data easiest to visualize are appreciated - as would be any ideas
> regarding other things I might try.
>
>    Thanks in advance.

I personally think that the lighted boxes gives me the best picture of the
data. The main problem with it is that the map is now very difficult to
see. You might want to consider mapping (heh) the colors to a
higher-contrast scheme in your map image. Here is a (pretty poor, but
useful) example I whipped up in Photoshop, using a Yahoo map.

 - dan B hentschel

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'contrast-mapping.png' (271 KB)

Preview of image 'contrast-mapping.png'
contrast-mapping.png