POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Competition status : Re: Competition status Server Time
17 Jun 2024 11:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition status
From: Peter
Date: 24 Oct 2004 14:10:01
Message: <web.417befeab45fa19e6fe311d50@news.povray.org>
Hi

Here are my thoughts:

In a way I am quite glad that the deadline has been relaxed. It means I will
have enough time to sort out my lighting and improve on my scene. On the
other hand I have very little time now the summer is over and I will
actually not be able to spend much more time on it. The deadline being so
close inspired me to do a lot of work and now I have until january I am not
sure I will be able to motivate myself to go through the code again. Once I
finish a project like this I tend to want to stay far away from it so
having two deadlines in that sense is bad. I had also been looking forward
to seeing some beautiful images pretty soon. Guess I'll have to wait.

I do not think the pictures should be posted or even looked at by the
judeges now. If this happens, people will build up negative comments about
the pictures which, even if the cause of the problem is fixed in the final
submission, will cause the final judging to be predudiced.

Peter