POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SunShadow - Bright soft shadows : Re: SunShadow - Bright soft shadows Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SunShadow - Bright soft shadows
From: Renderdog
Date: 17 Oct 2004 02:45:00
Message: <web.417214329c88f9559fbb9ef0@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the insight Mike; very interesting.

I suppose the only way to eliminate the color fringing
(in an image where I want to 'blow out' the brightest
parts) would be to post-process the image so that all
the colors would be scaled instead of clipping the Red,
Green and Blue channels separately as POV-Ray does.

Maybe it would pay to render the image as a 16-bit
per color PNG and scale the RGB (in a program that
can perform the scaling at 16-bit) so the final 8-bit
per color image/print retains a good color range?