POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mount St. Helens, smoking [153k] : Re: Mount St. Helens, smoking [153k] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mount St. Helens, smoking [153k]
From: jute
Date: 11 Oct 2004 10:55:00
Message: <web.416a9e1b18a3a04b67c1c3ff0@news.povray.org>
> Well - the smoke looks a bit crude, tried to extract it from the
> satellite images which of course do not give any height information.
> The smoke is from september 4, the texture image composed from the last
> few weeks to make it cloud free.

Christoph,

your system, while arguably still not perfect (the LOD could be worked on),
is simply amazing.  The geometry rendering is one thing, but your
atmosphere and lighting are incredible as well.  The whole thing has some
insane educational value -- at least your recent earth images sure sparkle
*my* imagination far better than any map I saw in school.  How long are the
current rendering times?

--
jussi.kantola