POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Diabolo - 1 attachment : Re: Diabolo - 1 attachment Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Diabolo - 1 attachment
From: dan B hentschel
Date: 8 Oct 2004 12:40:00
Message: <web.4166c1cb81c23e6ba3fcf12a0@news.povray.org>
emzic <emz### [at] SPAMembegecom> wrote:
> "Tim Nikias" <JUSTTHELOWERCASE:timISNOTnikias(at)gmx.netWARE> wrote in
>
> > I'd suggest giving the floor a texture that is more visible than the
> > current one. One first glance it just seems like a simple, one-colored
> > surface. Then, I'd do something with the mirror. Less than 100%
> > reflection maybe, so that the reflection is a little darker than the
> > actual ojects are. Finally, some more contrast on the shadows, make
> > them a little darker.
>
> how could i make the shadows darker?
> i have only one light in the scene with intensity <1,0.95,0.95>
>
> thanks!

Well, I'm not an expert, but I think that you can fiddle with the diffuse
parameter on your objects a bit. Make your objects reflect less diffuse
light, and add more lights to keep the brightness level. This will bump up
the contrast a bit. Also, make sure all your objects have ambient set to
zero. I can't tell if you do or not, but it's a pretty bright looking scene
for only one light. The default ambient value of 0.1 is not usually useful
when rendering with radiosity turned on.

 - dan B hentschel