POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Off the drawing board : Re: Off the drawing board Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Off the drawing board
From: Tom York
Date: 8 Oct 2004 04:45:00
Message: <web.41665349f4f74b2d2ff34a90@news.povray.org>
[Not sure where my previous reply ended up]

I've fixed the paper colour and improved the craft knife. I also replaced
the infinite plane walls with boxes, although the speckling on the ruler
remains. I think the image is finished(!).

Scott David Daniels <Sco### [at] AcmOrg> wrote:
> This is a beautiful picture with an even more impressive conception.
> Makes me wonder what it would look like if you can lifted it through
> one of the views (bury on end and lift it so at the tail it is all
> drawing and at the front it is raised above the drawing), so it looked
> a little less like a step in modelling and a little more like an
> artifact emerging from a design.
>
> Obviously I liked it so much it has me trying to imagine more.
>
> -Scott

Thanks! I like your idea a lot - I've been trying to do this in POV since
you posted it. I've had some success, although there is quite a lot of
tweaking left to do. I hope to post the attempt when it's done.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tm1.jpg' (83 KB)

Preview of image 'tm1.jpg'