POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Image for photon (.newusers) question : Re: Image for photon (.newusers) question Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:13:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image for photon (.newusers) question
From: dan B hentschel
Date: 29 Sep 2004 09:30:01
Message: <web.415ab854ce866c2da3fcf12a0@news.povray.org>
Well, here is my first attempt at a cleanup. In this iteration, I took Mr.
Praay's recommendation of simply removing "area_light" from the photons {}
block of my area light. This yeilds an immediate improvement. I will start
fiddling with other settings once I can get the light levels exactly where
I want them. Right now, I think the insides of the blocks are a bit too
dark. Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

Image was rendered in 400 tiles (20x20 grid) using SMPOV, distributed across
19 3.2 GHz P4 computers. Using HyperThreading, there were a total of 27
POVRay instances running for 28 hours to generate this image.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'block_08-28-04.jpg' (491 KB)

Preview of image 'block_08-28-04.jpg'