POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Image for photon (.newusers) question : Re: Image for photon (.newusers) question Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image for photon (.newusers) question
From: dan B hentschel
Date: 28 Sep 2004 11:10:01
Message: <web.41597e5ece866c2da3fcf12a0@news.povray.org>
"Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote:
> Since the thin plastic casing will probably have only a very slight effect
> on photons, I would suggest not using them as targets and setting
> pass_through on them. At least for your first tests, to reduce the number of
> photons necessary.
>
>  - Slime
>  [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Ok. Maybe I will try doing that once my current render is finished, sometime
tomorrow. Thanks. I was a bit confused by this option as well, though.
Should I just use the block:

photons
{
  pass_through
  collect off
}

I assume that I should use "collect off" as I show above. I also am making
the assumption that specifying "target" doesn't make sense in this context.

 - dan B hentschel