POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another first post... : Re: Another first post... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another first post...
From: frozen
Date: 21 Sep 2004 09:20:00
Message: <web.415029bd90d95b229c688d540@news.povray.org>
"Jeremy M. Praay" <sla### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> [...] I've played around with scenes involving grass with
> a high radiosity count, and you quickly realize that it will never render in
> your life-time.  ;-)

It renders for 1 to 2 days even just as it is right now... The wall is, what
renders slowest...

> I can't tell for sure, but did you put "ambient_light off" in your
> global_settings block?  Some of those stones in the shadowed area seem a
> little bright.  Also (I think I've made this mistake before), make sure that
> your global_settings block is before your #include's, or they will still end
> up with ambient light values, which you generally don't want in a radiosity
> scene.

Thank you for these ideas! Unfortunately I think, I will take the rendering
that now runs, as final, because it renders sooooo long and I don't like
playing around with parameters when I have to wait 2 days to check the
results..

> It's looking good though!  Personally, I love outdoor scenes: grass, stones,
> sky...  :-D

Thank you very much! I personally like outdoor scenes too, but I notice more
and more, that these aren't easy..

Regards,

frozen