POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another first post... : Re: Another first post... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another first post...
From: frozen
Date: 17 Sep 2004 13:45:00
Message: <web.414b228090d95b221fc26f130@news.povray.org>
First: Thanks for your comment!

LightBeam <s.f### [at] tiscalifr> wrote:
> Hello
> I think you better keep the walls for the ambiance...

Okay...

> It seem's that you don't use radiosity, or the settings aren't accurate
> enough ? I think that can resolve the "problem" of the (very) dark
> shadows on the right part of the image...
> But that looks interresting for this time ;-)

Yes, no radiosity was used for this picture. No photons where shot. This
preview rendering as you see it there (except that I converted it to gif)
took 8 hours and 45 minutes on my athlon 1800+ system! Even though it is
really small (only 512*384 pixel)! I guess, that it will take much longer
with radiosity and photons...