POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : "Break Time" - link to MP4 file (14.7MB) : Re: "Break Time" - link to MP4 file (14.7MB) Server Time
18 Jul 2024 16:12:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Break Time" - link to MP4 file (14.7MB)
From: Dan Byers
Date: 13 Sep 2004 22:40:00
Message: <web.414658f8f956dd55581cfba20@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
> This is wonderful! Really well put together. :D

Thanks :)

> I must admit though that using robots as the main actors is somewhat of a
> restriction. You loose all face expression and is bound to express
> everything through body language alone. This is a good exercise, and you did
> excellent, but it's still a restriction.  I can't help but feel that if you
> made a movie this long but with organic actors (like in your short
> animations), the result could be even more appealing. But then, I'm sure
> you're going to do that at some point, right? :)

Eventually.  Right now, I'm going thru all my notes, looking at things in
the process that went well, things that didn't go so well, things that were
a colossal waste of time, etc., plus I have to completely redesign my
website.  I have some different story ideas I want to try, some involving
more robots & aliens, others with ghosts, bugs, fish.  Still trying to find
a voice.  I'll try to make the ride as interesting as possible :)

Dan
Goofy Graffix - http://www.huntel.net/goofygraffix