POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Charcoal and Chalk Steps - 53kb : Re: Charcoal and Chalk Steps - 49kb Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Charcoal and Chalk Steps - 49kb
From: Stephen
Date: 13 Sep 2004 12:50:00
Message: <web.4145cea05d8d5f1971087b900@news.povray.org>
"Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamdeckingdealscouk> wrote:

> How else would you write about a disembodied voice offering advice (good
> or bad) and criticism ;)

Oh my gosh! Does this advise come with a charge? :-}

> > [snip]
> >

> > You know, the multiple lights take me back to when I did a milk round.
> > (don’t ask when)
>
> When? Oh sorry :P

Not telling but the closes had gas lighting. True.

> The original thought was a shot in Underworld and a similar one in Leon
>  from the same viewpoint(with an elevator running up the middle in that
> instance), originally it was going to be a dark realistic view, but then I
> cocked up a setting (when checking the placement macros and using default
> textures) and thought Oooo, but yeah I've been up similar sets of stairs
> and that's why I set the lights. Only slightly more complex than an off or
> on, either 0, 0.1, or 0.2.

I remember Leon it was good. We have different visions, mine is all dark
periphery with islands of light.

> Did a quick try with a single placed light just below the camera in lieu
> of a more complex skylight, top landing's not bad but everything below is
> a bit flat, unless I add some more defining textures I think the shadows
> cast by varying lights work better, might just spread the range more.
>

> Ketchup? Actually some sort of debris might look quite good, I'll have a
> play when I've some time.

Not even remotely close, wrong colour try Irn Bru or Lucozade. Hmm come to
think of it Glasgow, dark close, sticky dampness. Maybe Ketchup is suitable
but it was not what I had in mind.
Keep updating old chap :-}

Stephen