POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Life : Re: Life Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:11:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life
From: Jaap
Date: 5 Sep 2004 12:40:00
Message: <web.413b406657340d83a8399d8d0@news.povray.org>

From: Shay
Subject: Re: Q: blurring bump map image in pov ?
Date: 29 Jul 2004 21:31:16
Message: <41096ca4$1@news.povray.org>

Can be done directly, if very slowly in inside POV.
To get direct access to the pixel data of your map, you can use (untested):

#local Pix = function {
   pattern {
     image_pattern { png "bump.png" }
   }
}

image is mapped in function from x=0 y=0 to x=1 y=1, so you would get
pixel <50,100> with
#local Value = Pix ( 50.5/mapwidth , 100.5/mapheight, 0 );

(re-posted by jaap)