POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : U.S. Brig Nigara WIP -- Rope & Rigging : Re: U.S. Brig Nigara WIP -- Rope & Rigging Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:14:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: U.S. Brig Nigara WIP -- Rope & Rigging
From: Tim McMurdo
Date: 4 Sep 2004 07:25:00
Message: <web.4139a5414c54077e9a303f820@news.povray.org>
> Is there a particular reason for having the running lines through the blocks
> left-hand laid and the straps on the blocks right-hand laid? Also, I find
> it odd that the running rigging is integral with the straps rather than
> being seized.

Hmmm... good comments. The 2 errors come from the fact that I am not a real
sailor (I was on a submarine inthe Navy).

1. I can correct how the ropes are laid. Which is correct? Right hand or
left?

2. If I understand correctly, the strap running around each block should
have a loop in it and the running rigging should then go through & then
loop back on its self.

3. THe cantenary is there and is part of the original macro by Chris
Colefax.

Thanks for helping make it accurate.