POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Interraction between fog and transparent color on image_map : Re: Interraction between fog and transparent color on image_map Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interraction between fog and transparent color on image_map
From: gonzo
Date: 2 Sep 2004 16:20:00
Message: <web.41377f54f0c65477a0c272b50@news.povray.org>
"Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote:
> In the regions where the background is unobstructed, the fog is calculated
> once and is made to be 50% (or so) transparent.
>
> But in the regions that are split by a transparent object, the fog is
> calculated in front of the object to be 50% transparent, and then again
> behind it, for a final transparency of 75%, making it darker.

Ah, thanks for that explanation. So it is the same problem I had. My mistake
was thinking it was an issue with media, and actually its an issue with the
transparent media container.

I suppose there's a good reason for the fog being calculated twice, but the
result is not intuitive.  Maybe some mention of this in the docs would be
good.

RG