POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Image: Inverted 3d truchet tiling : First Image: Inverted 3d truchet tiling Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  First Image: Inverted 3d truchet tiling
From: scam
Date: 22 Aug 2004 21:40:00
Message: <web.41294a0d7d776940c19ea0ce0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

This is my first attempt at a povray render. It didn't turn out quite like I
intended, but I was quite happy with it. I started with an interesting
geometric object which I wanted to raytrace, so think of this image as an
attempt to show off the object, not my very basic povray skills.

As said in the title, it is an inversion of a 3d truchet tiling. The
geometry was created in Mathematica, and exported to povray as a mesh.
Since I don't know anything about texturing, I just grabbed one of Tor Olav
Kristensen's textures. I was hoping to get the same rough effect over all
parts of the mesh, but it didn't work out that way.

If anyone has any advice or tips I'd love to hear them.

Cheers.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tubes.jpg' (130 KB)