POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : An old photograph of The Megastructure : An old photograph of The Megastructure Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  An old photograph of The Megastructure
From: Ewok
Date: 21 Aug 2004 11:40:01
Message: <web.41276c39518ba8e1ce95c8230@news.povray.org>
This image was inspired by the Japanese manga "Blame!", in which a lone
character journeys through an endless structure. The strange aspect ratio
of the image is because I'll eventually laminate a copy on my computer
case, and I wanted it to fit.

In short --
1) No point lights; only radiosity caused by luminescent blocks on right.
2) The illusion of distance is actually the parallel-mirror effect; all
scene elements are in a single small room.
3) Noise, blur, and text done by Photoshop.
4) For a translation of the Japanese, as well as some other minor goodies,
please visit
http://ewokker.no-ip.org/WebPage/3d/current/megastructure_corridor01.html

Sorry about the shopping list =)

I really appreciate the work you guys do, and after spending many years
browsing binaries.images, it's very satisfying to be presenting some work
of my own.

Thanks,
-Eli

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'megastructure_corridor01.jpg' (113 KB)

Preview of image 'megastructure_corridor01.jpg'
megastructure_corridor01.jpg