POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV 1.1 beta : Re: MegaPOV 1.1 beta Server Time
26 Jun 2024 14:37:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV 1.1 beta
From: Mike Andrews
Date: 18 Aug 2004 11:50:01
Message: <web.41237a0b5fff79c85e1e98150@news.povray.org>
> It has taken a long time but we now have the new version ready, we
> intend to make a short beta phase (about a week, this of course depends
> if there are problems).  Those who want to test can find the new version at:
>
> http://megapov.inetart.net/

Great to see this! So many new toys ... :-)

Firstly, many thanks for the new radiosity options. I'll look forward to
seeing the source, to see if you implemented the random rotations the same
way I did.

Secondly, a question. Have you considered using the 'new' 5th-order s-curve
for the noise function? It does tend to give a better behaviour for
perturbed reflections and such like.

Finally, an observation. In the WinMegaPov 1.1 the image viewed in the GUI
preview is the one before exposure/exposure_gain, where in v1.0 it was
after. A small thing, I know, but I can't see this change documented
anywhere?

Anyway, well done to all involved to get the new version out.

Mike.