POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Win64 ported source. : Re: Win64 ported source. Server Time
27 Jul 2024 20:35:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win64 ported source.
From: MaxLock
Date: 13 Aug 2004 18:20:00
Message: <web.411d3db923dfc44e33111f80@news.povray.org>

> There are a few changes to the 3.6.0 windows code thought basically it's the
> same code. AFAIK more than changes within source code is to use correct
> compiler and correct instalation procedure to be treated as true 64bit
> application.

E.g. released binary for AMD64 doesn't crash on gaussianblob.pov but current
source code compiled for any platform by any compiler - crashs on it. So
changes are not only 64-bit related ;)

But I'm particularly interesting only in Win64 frontend "code cleaning"
changes, I've already done it by myself long time ago and now just wnat to
check if everything correct, as long as you released Win64 binary!

> As usually be patient, release of source code will happen when it will be
> ready :-)

Could plz. tell some date, when 3.6.1 is expected to be released?

Thanks a lot,
Max