POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 40th birthday greetings [~ 214 Kb] : 40th birthday greetings [~ 214 Kb] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  40th birthday greetings [~ 214 Kb]
From: gibe
Date: 9 Aug 2004 05:45:01
Message: <web.4117463c2ceea85eedcdb8d20@news.povray.org>
Hello!

This year my wife and my syster celebrates their 40th birthday.
I made for my wife a pov-cake with 40 cats (using Cassidy.inc by Neil
Alexander) and the printing version deliciates her.
Next week is my sister's turn, and I've replaced the cats with little
monsters (using Chris Colefax hair macro), similar to one I gave her many
years ago...

The pov-cake with the cats is quite normal, the whipped cream doesn't
satisfy me, but I had no time.
The pov-cake with monsters was rendered using radiosity. Near each candle is
a spotlight. The flames of the candles are not uniform. Dishes are floating
intentionally.

Original renders are 1280x1024, due to bandwidth I post them resized with a
little detail.

Suggestions are welcomed,

;-)
 Paolo