POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Possible Radisity bug in v3.6 [85k in 3 Pic] : Re: Possible Radisity bug in v3.6 [85k in 3 Pic] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:25:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible Radisity bug in v3.6 [85k in 3 Pic]
From: espri128
Date: 21 Jul 2004 04:05:00
Message: <web.40fe2300e1c34072af5ddb00@news.povray.org>
> St. Prietz wrote:
> >
> > "Where the f... this artefacts came
> > [...]
> > "... the same sh*t..."
> > [...]
>
> Your language is completely inappropriate for these newsgroups.
>
> Apart from that that fact that you try to sell this to us as a radiosity
> bug to me clearly indicates that you have not bothered to do some more
> detailed research before claiming to have found a bug.  You could have
> easily seen that without antialiasing or with '+am2' you get smooth results.
>
> Christoph
>
> --
> POV-Ray tutorials, include files, Sim-POV,
> HCR-Edit and more: http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/
> Last updated 06 Jul. 2004 _____.//^>_*_<^/.______

Hi Christoph,

sorry for my improper expressions, but i was very confused last night. And
thanks for your help.
Was there any hint for changing the sampling method for AA from 3.5 to 3.6
I've not seen ? Or is the difference in the pics an effect from the new
'unclipped radiosity values' ?

Thnx (and again sorry)
            Steffen