POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another quadratic Julibrot slice (~100 KB) : Re: Another quadratic Julibrot slice (~100 KB) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another quadratic Julibrot slice (~100 KB)
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 20 Jul 2004 18:05:00
Message: <web.40fd96ee5d8750b188ea9e80@news.povray.org>
Andrew C on Mozilla <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> So here is the same isosurface, with the opposite end sliced off this time.
>
> This one took over 9.5 hours to render instead of 8. But hey, I guess
> I'm the only person who finds any of this exciting, so maybe I'll stop
> posting...
>
> Andrew @ home.

Don't stop!  I haven't been near a computer very often lately (abatement
services is de-asbestosing my office this summer), but this is very cool.
It would make a great textbook cover. Have you posted a source?  I'm trying
to think how you do this as an isosurface.  Do you manually do several
iterations?  (Without a logic-loop in isosurfaces, this would seem
difficult to do "elegantly.")

Dave Matthews