POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray crashes on WinXP laptop when loading OpenGL : Re: Moray crashes on WinXP laptop when loading OpenGL Server Time
18 May 2024 12:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray crashes on WinXP laptop when loading OpenGL
From: David Wimp
Date: 8 Jul 2004 20:35:00
Message: <web.40ede74e9eba52959facb7af0@news.povray.org>
> I have corresponded with you via email about a very similar problem on a
> system with an ATI Radeon 7000 card.  Moray worked before, but I had not
> run it in a while and had changed cards (and manufacturers software) since.
>  There is no "options" key in my registry.  I thought maybe you meant
> "configuration" so I tried putting the binary value there. That had no
> effect.

I turned all harware acceleration off via the control panel and now Moray
runs.  I have various example programs that use OpenGL and they worked with
acceleration on.  Maybe they aren't  using the right function calls.  Maybe
something is being done in hardware on the new card that was done in
software before and it isn't the same somehow.