POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray crashes on WinXP laptop when loading OpenGL : Re: Moray crashes on WinXP laptop when loading OpenGL Server Time
18 May 2024 10:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray crashes on WinXP laptop when loading OpenGL
From: David Wimp
Date: 8 Jul 2004 17:15:00
Message: <web.40edb82d9eba52959facb7af0@news.povray.org>
Lutz Kretzschmar <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote:
> Hi Greyfang, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > ... while having a lot of drivers for the 2100
> > listed, do not list and ATI drivers....ugh.
> Well, if Compaq have graphics drivers listed for that laptop, then
> that's what you need to install.....
>
> > QUESTION:  will disabling OpenGL kill my performance
> > in Moray when viewing the model in camera view?
> Yes, of course. Otherwise why would we need hardware graphics cards
> :-)
>

> One thing could could also do before you disable OpenGL, is to start
> Moray with the following commandline:
>
> Moraywin -startlog
>
> Zip and send me the MORAY.ERR file that's created in Moray's
> installation folder. I'll take a look at whether I can see anything
> wrong.
>
> To force Moray to use software OpenGL, do this:
>
> Exit Moray
> Start Regedit
> Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSoftTronicsMoray For
> WindowsOptions
> If not there already, create a Binary Value called ForceOpenGLSoftware
> Set it to 01
> Start Moray.
>
> - Lutz
>   email : lut### [at] stmuccom
>   Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

I have corresponded with you via email about a very similar problem on a
system with an ATI Radeon 7000 card.  Moray worked before, but I had not
run it in a while and had changed cards (and manufacturers software) since.
 There is no "options" key in my registry.  I thought maybe you meant
"configuration" so I tried putting the binary value there. That had no
effect.