POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Scattering Beverages: Milk? : Re: Scattering Beverages: Milk? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scattering Beverages: Milk?
From: Chambers
Date: 2 Jul 2004 12:05:00
Message: <web.40e58683e1c8614bca11893c0@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> More media stuff..
>
> This time it's Milk. I think... Does it look convincingly like milk?

While I agree with others that it looks very good, I'd also say that there
is too much contrast in the milk itself.  In my experience, even with such
an extreme lighting condition, milk doesn't get that bright *or* that dark.
 Of course, this might be a deficiency in the lighting and not the milk
itself.  I've run into the same problem, which is why I went with soda pop
instead of milk for my test renders :)

Good job otherwise, and I can't wait for the next version!

....Chambers