POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Defining plugin as a group : Re: Defining plugin as a group Server Time
18 May 2024 14:47:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Defining plugin as a group
From: Doug
Date: 16 Jun 2004 13:25:00
Message: <web.40d0813d29a9862dded0eafc0@news.povray.org>
Lutz Kretzschmar <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote:

> In the current version of the SDK, you'll need to keep track of
> objects that you want to reference yourself. You should monitor the
> Object Deleted events to make sure to release any references to
> objects that get deleted.

Ok - good to know that it's possible.  However, I've been picking through
the code and the documentation for a while now, and I still don't even know
where to begin doing that.  Would it be a trivial thing (as in, maybe just
a couple lines of code added/modified), or will I have to really know what
I'm doing and have to work on all kinds of new things?

I've got a general idea of how to create a very simple object with simple
attributes (and have implemented it so far), but above that, I have
realized I don't know what I'm doing..