POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray crashes on WinXP laptop when loading OpenGL : Re: Moray crashes on WinXP laptop when loading OpenGL Server Time
18 May 2024 11:27:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray crashes on WinXP laptop when loading OpenGL
From: Greyfang
Date: 13 Jun 2004 23:25:01
Message: <web.40cd19649eba52959de60ad10@news.povray.org>
Lutz Kretzschmar <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote:
> Recently in moray.win you wrote:
>
> > The driver is from June 2003...
> That seems a bit old.... whats the version number?
>
> There is no way to control OpenGL loading except to completely disable
> it. I can tell you how to do that, but it involves registry editing.
>

> - Lutz
>   email : lut### [at] stmuccom
>   Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Yes I thought the driver seemed old for a new laptop, but they are rebating
them so maybe it's been sitting around a year....anyway the driver for the
Radeon IGP 320M in this laptop is 6.14.10.6368 from 6/25/2003. I'm using
the default OpenGL settings in the ATI control panel.  Also the ATI driver
utility I downloaded will not update the driver, and the ATI site suggests
that most notebook users will have to get updates from the manufacturer of
the notebook, but sadly Compaq, while having a lot of drivers for the 2100
listed, do not list and ATI drivers....ugh.  QUESTION:  will disabling
OpenGL kill my performance in Moray when viewing the model in camera view?
Thanks for the quick response BTW.