POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Ray differently : Re: POV-Ray differently Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray differently
From: Richard Smith
Date: 22 May 2004 11:55:00
Message: <web.40af77793467a7ee9c2e86c90@news.povray.org>
Andrew C on Mozilla <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Most impressive. I like the gallery too.
>
> Only possible critisism is that almost all the images are circular,
> which gets a little repetative after a while. (Although the image of a
> perfect circle is quite a powerful thing.)
>
> I rather like the Dragon Jewel myself... :-D
>
> Only other critisism is that the images need to be BIGGER! ;-)
>
> Andrew @ home.
The circular images are done with a fisheye camera - obviously.  The square
images are done with the ultra_wide_angle camera option.  Both can get
repetitive.  Some folks might like the images as art work if their taste
runs in that direction.  My interest in them stems from the fact that they
are analogous to Wolfram's 2-D images and that they depict shapes that are
not defined in the source code.