POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Okay, perhaps Captain America they're not... : Re: Okay, perhaps Captain America they're not... Server Time
18 Jul 2024 16:15:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Okay, perhaps Captain America they're not...
From: gregjohn
Date: 16 May 2004 12:45:00
Message: <web.40a79964da122d483a5fb9ba0@news.povray.org>
Thomas Lake <smi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I've been watching the progress of your walk cycle men for a while, they
> are getting better and better keep up the work, this one is really quite
> good! The one of the left looks like he has buck teeth hehe :)

I simply removed one of the 20-odd teeth from his mouth.  This improvement
was simply to make a more complicated and elegant the texturing.  (Aside
from the teeth, eyebrows, moustache, and eyes & goggles, it's all one blob.
)   I'm just using the object pattern to make gloves and eye-holes.
Previous versions (of a few years ago), I'd have to make a character with a
"shirt" by having two blobs, one "naked" and one with slightly lower
threshold but a shirt color and CGG-cut holes for the head.

I'm considering also adding a belt, a colored color, maybe even someday some
"realistic" clothing patterns, like a jacket and tie.

Greg M. Johnson