POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: POV-Ray & KD-Trees : Re: POV-Ray & KD-Trees Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray & KD-Trees
From: Daniel Neilson
Date: 29 Apr 2004 21:55:01
Message: <web.4091b1dd66fba342302f86c60@news.povray.org>

> >>- it seems faster in a lot of scenes but i had problems with others
> >>(isocacti.pov for example does not render).
> >
> >  That's very odd. My version actually renders isocacti.pov just fine. Does
> > it print out any sort of errors, or does it crash, or does it render a
> > blank image, or... ? Perhaps something's wonky about your patched version?
>
> It just halts before starting to render, i assume stuck in some loop or so.

 I just ran povray on isocacti.pov using the optimization settings present
in the Makefile that you sent me. Just give POV a few seconds. There's
something about this particular scene which makes building the kd-tree take
a little bit more time than I'd like -- I suspect it's all the rocks
intersecting with the ground. On my P4 3.0GHz machine here, it takes about
5 seconds to build the kd-tree for that particular scene.

-Daniel Neilson