POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: POV-Ray & KD-Trees : Re: POV-Ray & KD-Trees Server Time
3 Jul 2024 06:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray & KD-Trees
From: Daniel Neilson
Date: 29 Apr 2004 11:45:00
Message: <web.4091224666fba342302f86c60@news.povray.org>
Alessandro Falappa <don### [at] nessunoit> wrote:
> "Daniel Neilson" <dneilson@here;here.is:cs.ualberta.ca> wrote in

> >  I've made a patch against the POV-Ray 3.50c sources available for
> >  those
> > who're interested. You can grab them directly from
> > http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~dneilson/povray-3.50c-kdtree-patch.tgz
>
> I'm particularly interested in studying your kd-tree implementation
> (construction, balancing and look-up), but, as Cristoph already noticed, I
> get a "403 Forbidden" error.
> Maybe you have to put a link on your web pages.
>
> Thanks for making available your code.

 Sorry about that. Forgot to actually change the permissions on the file.
It's accessable now.

 If anyone has questions about the code, I'd be happy to try to answer them.
My email address can be found in the headers of kdtree.h and kdtree.cpp.

-Daniel

Oh! Since I didn't explicitly mention it, the patch is against the 3.50c
unix sources.