POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Dark (WIP) : Re: Dark (WIP) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dark (WIP)
From: Rob Richens
Date: 27 Apr 2004 14:05:01
Message: <web.408e9fc8e088d7588e0528000@news.povray.org>
Phil,
thanks for the comments!
I will have to play with the lighting if you can't even see what's going on.
 I should have titled it 'Escape', which might have helped, but was
thinking of the frustrations I was working through when I posted it.

It's still dark but I haven't printed it yet to see the final version.  I've
toyed with putting a blue plane above the hole and see if radiosity will
help the lighting, but it's taking >6 hours now.  If I added radiosity, I'd
have to beg some kind hearted soul with a renderfarm to do render it for me
(Thanks again Paul!  I still get comments about Addict out there.)  About
the light being directly overhead, do you mean completely illuminating the
first skeleton?  I'm hesitant to change that because it would eliminate the
need for him to be stretching behind him as he is to get the next bone
while using the light column to see the parts he's already put together.
How about ramping up the reflected light from the floor?

I didn't see the skull in the lower right!  It's actually a rock, but I
think I will replace it with a skull in the same position.

I've toned down the normal textures on the doors, since I don't think
they'll be visible anyway and have added worm/termite tracks in the
surfaces and 'jaggied' the bottom edge to give more of a feeling of 'old'.
I'll post it in a week or so after I fix a few more things and it finishes
rendering!

Rob.