POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Ah ah ah ah stayin' aliiiiiiiive : Re: Ah ah ah ah stayin' aliiiiiiiive Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:28:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ah ah ah ah stayin' aliiiiiiiive
From: gregjohn
Date: 18 Apr 2004 21:25:00
Message: <web.408329acc45fa9e53a5fb9ba0@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:

> I can imagine.  Do you use some form of "bones" to
> intermediate between the character definition and
> the motion definition?

Sort of.  In povray, we're forced to (get to) use transforms.  You may then
"transform" a point used in the computation of a spline mesh, transform a
cylinder in CSG, or transform a component of a blob.

Here are some snippets from the most basic version which I released several
years ago:

#declare rforearmobj=cylinder{0,rwristpt-relbowpt,1}
#declare rforearmtrans=transform{rotate relbowang translate
relbowpt-rshouldpvt transform{rhumerustrans}}
object{rforearmobj transform{rforearmtrans}}

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/attachment/%3C3bd4d693%40news.povray.org%3E/mime13.pov.txt