POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : US Brig Niagra WIP - 2 (144k) : Re: US Brig Niagra WIP - 2 (144k) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: US Brig Niagra WIP - 2 (144k)
From: Tim McMurdo
Date: 16 Apr 2004 15:55:00
Message: <web.408038f09c3386f99a303f820@news.povray.org>
"Marc Jacquier" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:
>> I must say that I follow your project progress with much attention.
> It is a huge one but it is likely to end as a Masterwork!
> How long have you been working on it yet?
> You let no weak link and are an example of patience
>
> POV could be rename for you as "Perseverance of Vision" or "Perseverance on
> Vessel" :-)
>
> Keep on the excellent work and thank you
>
> Cheers
> Marc

Wow, thanks for those comments!

I believe I have been working on it for just over a year and a half now. The
project has become my way of relaxing while my wife watches TV. It has
meant going from a 1 Ghz 256 Meg of Ram to a 3Ghz 1G of RD ram and I am
thinking I need to double the amount of ram.

I started the project as a means of learning POVRay. I thought a project
like this would be a great way of learning all of the programs features...I
just din't understnd the full impact of that statement at all!

I love this program and the community that supports it. Fantastic!