POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some thins (torus + cylinder) : Re: Some thins (torus + cylinder) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some thins (torus + cylinder)
From: Alex Kluchikov
Date: 13 Apr 2004 15:10:00
Message: <web.407c3a226a3d83da9f39ec720@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> I don't recognize the word "phisics" either, though I did find one
> reference to Russian "phisics and lirics" online, and some references to
> "physics" as a musical term, apparently referring to singing. I'm
> guessing you just correctly translated some expression I've never heard
> (which that "phisics and lirics" quote seems to imply). Something to do
> with the more "mental" techniques used to create the more "physical"
> image?

 Hm. I have no dictionary right now, so, I did two mistakes again. Of
course, I meant "Physics and Lyrics" or, more likely "Physicists and Lyric
Poets" problem. It was some confrontation between people of humanitarian
and technical types of mind, between Scientists (Engineers) and Artists
(Poets) in 70ies in Soviet Union. I did not know, are people outside
ex-USSR familiar to this problem. I should be more carefull while speaking
about things like this, sorry again.

 Sincerely Yours,
 Alex  Kluchikov.

P.S. May be, it should be better to discuss questions like this with ICQ?
My ICQ UIN is 129514109 and I'm almost always online.