POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : FullMoon version 2 : Re: FullMoon version 2 Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:41:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FullMoon version 2
From: Andre de Leiradella
Date: 6 Jan 2004 06:35:01
Message: <web.3ffa9cd6f055816657904ff10@news.povray.org>
StephenS wrote:
>Any object made with the plugin can not be part of a Merge, Intersection,
>Difference. Version 1.1 did not have this restriction.

This is due to lack of documentation. You can make any object CSG-able by
inheriting from CSGAble:

RoundedDisc = class(Object, CSGAble, Transformable, Texturable, ...)

>I currently save tables one element at a time, this will not be a problem.

Ok, but I'll see if I can find a way to load/save entire tables.

>In Function.lua:
>self.maxZID=dialog:addEditBox("max",self.maxZ,-1000000,1000000,3)
>
>In Function.ful:
>dialog:addLabel('Max')
> @maxZID = dialog:addEditBox(-1000000, 1000000, @maxZ)
>I understand the Label is now separate, but where is the '3' for the number
>of decimal places?
>Ok, just checked. No problems with entering decimal digits. ooops.

Oh, I see. Actually now there is no restriction upon the number of decimal
digits, if you want to limit the number of decimal digits you'll have to do
it inside :notify(id, value):

function RoundedCube:notify(id, value)
    if id == @roundnessID then
        -- limit to 2 decimal digits
        @roundness = floor(value * 100) / 100
    elseif ...
end

But I still have to update the dialog's controls to show the values of the
object's properties for this to work properly. Maybe I can add another
control to the dialog just like the one Moray uses for float values, where
you can specify the number of decimal digits you want and the control will
automatically clip the decimal digits for you.

>I hope I'm not being to critical. I really do enjoy the work you've done.

Not at all! This is exactly the kind of feedback I need to improve FullMoon
2 before releasing it.

Just as a note, Chris Colefax answered my message about converting his
include files to Lua objects and he has been kind enough to let me convert
all his include files. I'm just finishing some work I have to do and then
I'll starting working on FullMoon again.

>Stephen

Andre de Leiradella