POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : FullMoon version 2 : Re: FullMoon version 2 Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:45:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FullMoon version 2
From: Andre de Leiradella
Date: 5 Jan 2004 06:35:02
Message: <web.3ff94b6ff055816657904ff10@news.povray.org>
StephenS wrote:
>In 1.1 when you have lots of controls, Moray's Modify tab can be very long.
>As a way to summarize the selections the user has made, I was listing them
>in a MessageBox. This will be less of a problem in version 2 because it's
>easier to see all the controls (and there value) at one time.

One problem less...

>Other things....
>The included plugins can be part of a group but not a CSG.

Yes, they're groupable but not CSG-able. They inherit from Groupable, which
does *not* make them CSG-able. Is there something I'm missing?

>Will version 2 be able to output the selections from Moray's Flags (no
>shadow, no image...) and Photons?

Hum, I completed missed that part. There are probably some query functions
from Moray's API which I can use to query and export those flags properly.

>In Function.ful/:save(stream)/stream:write([at]clip, @minZ, @maxZ)
>@clip is a boolean and [at]minZ in a number, this suggests fullmoon knows what
>type a value is and saves it accordingly. Will tables be supported?

Exactly, FullMoon knows the types and save/load them properly. Tables are
not supported but you can save its members one by one and load them
afterwards. I'll see what I can do to save tables, but it's not a simple
task, you can have tables inside tables inside tables...

>The dialog:addEditBox() has changed, are whole numbers with decimals no
>longer supported? Example 23.4 (they may be, but could not figure out how)

FullMoon 2 makes no restricitions on the number of decimal digits in a edit
box. What problem are you facing with edit boxes exactly?

>Stephen

Andre de Leiradella