POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : radiosity thought experiment - importance : Re: radiosity thought experiment - importance Server Time
3 Jul 2024 06:53:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: radiosity thought experiment - importance
From: Andrew Clinton
Date: 18 Dec 2003 23:55:01
Message: <web.3fe2848fb6a2ba91611ee4e60@news.povray.org>
The idea sounds good... I think you will need to validate whether it is
possible to generate rays for the subdivision in a artifact-free way, and
whether you can generate the rays efficiently during rendering or use some
table.

In particular I think that it is a good idea to use importance more in the
renderer.  You should check out some of the work of Per H Christensen
(search on google) if you haven't already.

Perhaps some ppl who have been around longer can validate / shoot it down
for use in povray, I have not looked at radiosity code.

Andrew