POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Partial Rendering of an image to an output file doesnt quite work? : Re: Partial Rendering of an image to an output file doesnt quite Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:16:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Partial Rendering of an image to an output file doesnt quite
From: m1j
Date: 8 Dec 2003 07:05:01
Message: <web.3fd468d927d13b534e1f4eb10@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
>In article <3fd3b45f$1[at]news.povray.org> , "Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress>
>wrote:
>
>> What POV-Ray does, and what he's talking about, is renders the selected area
>> in the wrong area of the output image.
>>
>> For instance, if you select a square at the center of your image, the
>> outputted file will be black everywhere but the *top* middle, where your
>> selected render will appear. One would expect blackness everywhere but the
>> *center*, which is where your selection was.
>
>No, you are wrong interpreting what you are seeing.  POV-Ray simply outputs
>only the rows which contains the rendered area.  However, the image is
>specified to have a certain height and width.  What you see outside the
>rendered area when viewing this image is completely up to your image viewing
>program.
>
>    Thorsten

>Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
>e-mail: tho### [at] trfde
>
>Visit POV-Ray on the web: http://mac.povray.org

Just to settle my over thanking mind here how would an image view know where
the first pixel bytes of a BMP should be located with in the header
specified size of the image. If the BMP only has the pixel data to the
region selected in povray but a total image size of say 640x480 I do not
see any way of knowing where the for example 30x30 of data should be placed
with in the 640x480. No matter what program is used outside of povray the
available pixels in the bmp will be loaded at the first pixel. I have had a
little trouble with this my self. Photoshop refuses to load the files.
AcdSee will load them and save a fixed size for the image. Is there a
viewer that is able to load these partial renders in reference to the
images size given in the header?