POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Somebody kick me (19kb jpeg) : Re: sss buddha [16kb] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:27:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sss buddha [16kb]
From: ts
Date: 28 Nov 2003 15:35:01
Message: <web.3fc7b0c2e7c0a3345d051a070@news.povray.org>
Mael wrote:
>> i have been trying to obtain this 'happy buddha'
>> file but see that it is in "lv" and some other format.
>> how is it possible to convert these to POV?
>
>I downloaded it, a long time ago, from
>http://www.cc.gatech.edu/projects/large_models/ and converted the ply format
>to a mesh2 (AFAIR the conversion was quite straightforward)

that's what i need to know ...
here: http://www.cc.gatech.edu/projects/large_models/happy.html
it comes in both the ply and iv formats ... each around 10MB.
so i am wondering which to d/l ... and what utility can i use to
convert the ply or iv formats?
so far i haven't found any converters which mention either.
and please understand ... i am a newbie to meshes ...
so assume i know nothing and you will be correct. ;)
i hope to rectify that with a little help from all you pov heavies.

thanks for any leads.

-ts-