POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Somebody kick me (19kb jpeg) : Re: sss buddha [16kb] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sss buddha [16kb]
From: ts
Date: 27 Nov 2003 23:20:01
Message: <web.3fc6cbc7e7c0a33498a934b40@news.povray.org>
Mael wrote:
>Cool effect ! I had to try it on the happy buddha :)

indeed.
my first thought was that this could be used to simulate
a translucent jade.
this is way beyond me so i have a couple of questions ...

am i to understand that this particular method of samual's
requires mlpov? i haven't been able to run it with ver 3.5.
and ...
i have been trying to obtain this 'happy buddha'
file but see that it is in "lv" and some other format.
how is it possible to convert these to POV?
or is there somewhere i can find them converted ...
to what ... 'mesh' ?

tia for any leads and help.

ts