POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Crash on render : Crash on render Server Time
7 May 2024 05:55:23 EDT (-0400)
  Crash on render
From: Leo
Date: 26 Nov 2003 07:15:01
Message: <web.3fc498ab8e37bcd0a2b418110@news.povray.org>
Hi, I'm a brand new user (as of about half an hour ago). I've been trying to
follow the basic tutorial but POV crashes without fail every time I try to
render something, right after rendering it. The render displays, a PICT
file gets written to the disk and then the program just hangs.

Is there any reason for / way around this? It's intensely annoying.

OS X 10.2.6
POV-Ray 3.5.1

This is the script from the tutorial if that helps at all:

<code>#include "colors.inc"
#include "stones.inc"

camera {
 location <0, 2, -3>
 look_at <0, 1, 2>
}

sphere {
 <0, 1, 2>, 2
 texture {
  pigment { color Red }
 }
}

light_source { <2, 4, -3> color White}</code>