POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Turning a spline into a smooth "sphere-sweep" mesh... : Re: Turning a spline into a smooth "sphere-sweep" mesh... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Turning a spline into a smooth "sphere-sweep" mesh...
From: gregjohn
Date: 14 Nov 2003 21:00:03
Message: <web.3fb587fe8791e0313a5fb9ba0@news.povray.org>
Mike Williams wrote:

> You recalculate the position and normal of each point 6 times,
> and this typo means that 3 of the 6 recalculations are slightly
> misplaced.

Oh, my.  You mean five unnecessary recalculations?  Sometimes I think doing
this kind of stuff with the intellectual capacity I have is like a
five-year-old driving a heavily loaded tractor trailer.

Nonetheless, I am extremely grateful that you took the time to fix the code.
And my I ask, "Source, please?"  ;-)  It would have great value in my
animations as I try to make pipes: sliced & diced torii were just giving me
too many headaches.

But seriously, do you think this will have any universal value as a macro--
the sphere sweep per se is a really slow rendering.

Greg M. Johnson