POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Post : Re: First Post Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First Post
From: caffeinebill
Date: 14 Nov 2003 16:05:01
Message: <web.3fb542c8a69f2e37d6c93cf30@news.povray.org>
earthdog wrote:
>Please post the code for the sphere.  I really would like to know how to
>do that.  Thank you.
>
>-->Jeff
>
>No signature here, move along...

Okay, the source is posted in p.b.sf, but I have to confess that I was too
lazy to make the sphere properly, and if you look at it from the top, you
will see gaps near z = 0.  I'm sure there is a relatively easy math fix,
(probably using polar coordinates, or a different set of steps) but I just
wanted to post the obligatory sphere with plane.

I was also flirting with creating the stones the appropriate distance from
the center, and then just rotate them, but I liked the way this looked
enough to not even try.

Bill