POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Crash after 63 frames? : Re: Crash after 63 frames? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:35:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crash after 63 frames?
From: Scott Gammans
Date: 3 Nov 2003 16:40:01
Message: <web.3fa6cb12944a788685aba4bf0@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

>Thank you very much, I will remember this and hold it against you next time
>you report some nonsense and make me waste my time ...

Since you have never--not even once--been helpful to me in the past, your
empty threat is meaningless to me. Nonetheless, I should not have stooped
to name-calling and apologize for that.

>Memory leak debugging was enabled for this render, and not a single leak was
>found.

Again (as with Cristoph) it sounds like you're using a development version
of POV-Ray and not the general release version that the rest of us are
using. If so, that's not a valid basis for comparison. And if you're using
a debug build of POV-Ray that includes debugger information, that's
*really* not a valid comparison. I have often run into problems in the past
that never occurred with executables that were linked with debug libraries
but only with the release build of a program.