POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Level Surfaces Using Media : Re: Level Surfaces Using Media Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Level Surfaces Using Media
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 7 Oct 2003 11:25:02
Message: <web.3f82d9fbbc09b08e10dd5cfd0@news.povray.org>
Dennis Miller wrote:
>Dave, the first image is really beautiful. May I see the code for that?
>Where do you teach? I'd love to take your class!
>Best,
>Dennis

Thanks, Dennis.

I posted the code in PTS-F.  You can get some really beautiful images by
playing around with the color_map and the function.

I teach at Minnesota West Community & Technical College, in Worthington, MN,
just a few miles north of Iowa, and a few miles east of South Dakota, atop
the "Buffalo Ridge," reputedly one of the most consistently windy places in
North America (so of course we offer a Wind Power Generation Technician's
Certificate.)

Dave Matthews