POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another isosurface landscape : Re: Another isosurface landscape Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:25:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another isosurface landscape
From: no13
Date: 1 Oct 2003 20:30:01
Message: <web.3f7b70c4400c4733a0dca75e0@news.povray.org>
Neonux wrote:
>Yes the orange is deffinately too intense... and I'm not color-blind...
>(depends on what your definition of color-blind is though).

The whole scene used the same pigment with no finish or normal components.

pigment {
slope {<0,-1,0>, 0, .5}
color_map {
 [0.0 rgb <.8,.75,.55>]
 [0.2 rgb <.8,.65,.3>]
 [0.6 rgb <.8,.65,.3>]
 [0.7 rgb <.8,.45,.1>]
 [1.0 rgb <.8,.45,.1>]
}
}

I chose the strong orange as a contrast test against a blue sky. This also
helped me assess the detail level in the shadow zones. Next time I render
the scene I will be using much more complex textures and more realistic
colours. I'll probably take a colour map direct from some photographs I
have of Wadi Rum in Jordan.