POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : another landscape : Re: another landscape Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:27:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: another landscape
From: no13
Date: 22 Sep 2003 04:05:01
Message: <web.3f6eacd82cd0d59ea0dca75e0@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

>It is not just a matter of gamma, the scene is also too dark as a whole
>and the brightness relations are wrong.  For example the lit parts of
>the terrain are too uniform in brightness - if you adjust the image it
>all looks washed out.

The lcd flat screen seams to increase the image contrast. Probably because I
keep the ambient lighting low in my study. Will try and preview images in a
different environment before I settle on the lighting settings.

>> There are actually 316 individual isosurfaces that have been tiled. Each
>> isosurface has been optimised for its container (just big enough), its
>> max_gradient (exact) and its accuracy (based upon distance from the
>> camera).
>>

>Interesting.  Are there no problems at the borders between the tiles?

I've had no problems at the tile borders. Sometimes small errors appear when
the maximum Y value of a container is set to low. When that happens I
either hand correct it if it's just one tile, or increase the sample rate
of the macro that calculates the Y values if there are lots of errors. It
also helps to have only a small step in the accuracy between each
isosurface. Most of this is handled with pre parse macros.