POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Patio" update - 178KB : Re: "Patio" update - 178KB Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Patio" update - 178KB
From: gonzo
Date: 3 Sep 2003 14:15:02
Message: <web.3f562ecdfec53eeda0c272b50@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>  Still not final, but I worked on it a bit more.
>
>  The construction is now almost totally done with heightfields and
>isosurfaces (it took me some time to figure the formula for the
>arches!). It would be nice to isosurface the fountain, but I'm lost
>there...
>
>  The palms have more detail, as the floor and other parts. The
>radiosity is still low-to-med quality, but I've tuned it for better
>visibility on the shadow parts. The render time was 7h5m.
>

>--
>Jaime Vives Piqueres
>
>La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
>http://www.ignorancia.org

Very very nice! Only thing missing is me in a hammock sipping a pina colada
;-)

The only thing that looks odd to me is the arch/columns. The round columns
have the same noise as the arches above, seems like they should be
smoother, and the square where they join should be slightly different from
both.

RG